December 03 2021 – Nicole Bolt
Jewelry is a serious investment so it’s important to make sure that you are properly caring for your pieces. Below are some tips to help make sure your baubles continue to shine:
- Never underestimate the power of Dawn. There’s a reason it’s a miracle cure-all for so many problems. Mix a few drops in warm water, let your jewels soak, then brush clean with a soft-bristle toothbrush. If you prefer the natural route, feel free to use something as mild as Mrs. Meyers or Seventh Generation and brush away.
- Before you clean your house, apply lotions or hair products, make sure you’re taking off your rings to avoid grime build up.
- Take off your jewelry before getting in pools and hot tubs. The chlorine and chemicals can be harsh on your favorite pieces.
- Store silver in an anti-tarnish bag when you’re not wearing it. If it does tarnish, polish lightly with the appropriate solution and a cloth.
- Be sure to get your jewelry checked regularly. Stones can become loose without you noticing with the naked eye, so it’s important to have a professional check up on your baubles every 6-12 months.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you're the first hear about the latest happenings at ASJD.